Sunday 14 September 2014

Playing on Millie today

After months of having my millenium long arm set up I will be able to work my machine. The first thing I put on machine was a practice sandwich and I pinned it on. It took me a long time to figure out how to do that. I've only been taught with leader grips.

I purchased leader grips for my machine at the end of July and I'm finally attaching them to my canvas rollers. It took me three times to fold over the csnvas to make a casing for the leader grips. I have successfully completed attaching the leadergrips to one of my rollers. Working on the second one and it will definitely go faster then the first one.

I folded over 1 inch on the canvas and I sewed a quarter inch seam allowance using my hopping foot for a guide. Here is a picture showing how i'm sewing my casing.



I used the clips on the side of my table to hold my canvas place while i sewed down the roller.



It was hard to find information on the web showing how to make the casing for the leader grips. I was quite nervous but then I realised I just had to use my seam ripper if i made a mistake. Lol. Took a lot of the fear away. Do you get anxious about the next step in a project and hold off taking that step? I seem to do that a lot and I know it would just be faster to jump in then to keep stressing about it.

I purchased a new pantograph for my machine last week as I took 3 charity tops to quilt for my guild. I will also use the same pantograph on a quilt for a friend. I told her by the time I do her quilt I'll be a pro.

What are you working on this sunday afternoon?

Have a great day!
Vicky K
posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment