Friday 24 August 2012

Hexies - Week 1

 Good morning All
Hope today goes as well as yesterday with potty training.  After the gym, I'm gonna be cleaning like mad.  I'm having a bunch of ladies over for a craft night and movie watching.  Hope we can watch "The Spitfire Grill".  I love this movie and the girls hadn't heard of it.  Have you?

On my way back from taking the kids to my inlaws, I stopped at this wonderful shop in Kamloops, BC.  Katjas Quilt Shoppe     There was another customer talking with the owner about English Paper Piecing.  So of course, I had to listen and join in the conversation.  LOL  The owner has designed and set up a Block of the Week for EPP Hexies.  She will mail the blocks anywhere.  I joined!  

I also stopped at another quilting store in Chiliwack, BC called  Hamels Fabric & Quilting on my way home.  I spent a lot of money in this store.  I was really drawn to a Fat Quarter Stack but had no idea what to do make with it.

I was pulling fabrics to start the hexies and then I remembered the FQ stack I purchased.  I think it will make a great quilt.

My quilt guild was on Monday night and I was able to prepare the fabrics for Week 1 of the hexies.  During the meeting, I basted all the shapes and put 2.5 of the middle hexies together.   On Wednesday night while watching Big Brother, I finished the hexie.

I had a little opps first LOL 
I sewed the wrong side together.

Here its done correctly :)


 And here is the finished block for Week 1
I fussy cut the fabrics so the
monkeys were beside the numbers.

I'm quite excited for this quilt.  I know it will take me a while but perfect for watching TV, my guild meetings and the Craft nights.

Have a Creative Day.
Vicky  K

1 comment:

  1. Vicky, this looks like a great hexie project! Should be interesting to see how the blocks work together! Love the monkeys, oh and the Spitfire Grill is one of my all time favourite! Great little unknown movie, especially because it is set in the Pacific Northwest rainforest...

    ReplyDelete