Tuesday 3 January 2012

First Project Finished (A little one)

I was finally able to get downstairs after 9:00 today to start quilting. I decided for the first project of 2012 - Do a Charity Block. I also wanted to have this posted by the end of the day. Didn't make it - 15 minutes late. LOL

My charity block is a Friendship star for a friend of mine that asked her retreat members to make using pink for Breast Cancer. Because of other deadlines during the retreat, I wasn't able to complete the block. I told my friend that I would finish the block for her though. Well, Its done.



The pattern was wrong and I had to trim the 4 patch blocks. Here are all the pieces that I had to trim. More for my crumb blocks :).


When I pressed my last seam, I was flooded with memories. The first block I ever made was a Friendship Star. Two friends and myself were taught how to quilt by a friend. We all worked together and would meet at my house once a month. It was great fun and I miss those time a lot. We stopped meeting 3 years ago. I can't believe how much time has passed.

What was the first block that you ever made?

Vicky K

No comments:

Post a Comment