Thursday 19 January 2012

Sad Day for Me

Good Evening, Hope everyone is warm and safe.

Today is a sad day for me.  It is the One Year Anniversary of my Mom's passing away.  She was 56 years young.  Today, I kept thinking of the call and the waiting and the disbelief.  I was able to keep busy for most of the day which made today easier.  My hubby took the day off to be with me, and I'm extremely grateful to him.

I'll be joining Sandy at Quilting for the Rest of Us in her Slow Quilting Mondays.  Not sure if will committ to Monday's but I will be working on a slow quilt.  The quilt will be made in honor of my Mom.  She was very proud to be Irish and she loved the color Blue.  We ended up taking her antique Waterfall Bedroom set for our spare room.  I've been thinking a lot about Mom and my current passion.  What better way to honor her that make a Double Irish Chain in Blue's for the spare room.  And when I'm finished, if I want to keep it special to myself, no one would really know.

Yesterday I played on EQ7 and came up with this quilt:




I have an idea for the borders and think that it will be really nice for the quilt.  I can't figure out how to put the borders on EQ7.  I'm registered for the EQ class on Quilt University that starts tomorrow.  I'm really hoping to be able to create a lot more soon!

Now I get to play Touchy Feely with fabrics for the quilt.

Have a great night!
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment